So since most people voted lifestyle/personal blog here goes nothing. Maybe you’ll find out we have something in common.
1. My mother is my best friend. She did and still does EVERYTHING for me. From coaching my softball teams to attending all cheer competitions, volley ball games, and basketball games. It was her and I until I was 18 years old. Until this day she continues to show me how truly successful a once single parent can be. She is my hero.
2. I changed my career path/major three times.
- First I wanted to be an RN
- Second, I was majoring in Health Sciences
- Lastly, I am now majoring in Biomedical Sciences
It is okay to be unsure about your future. Just do what makes you happy and follow your dreams. Take risks. Be unafraid and listen to your gut. I am so excited for what is to come in my career. You should feel the same!
3. I love love love to read. I’m currently reading the House of Night series by P.C. Cast, Kristin Cast, and Stephanie Meyer. Yes, I am a total fan of romantic drama filled books. I just can’t seem to get enough. Some of my other favorites include:
- The Maze Runner
- The Hunger Games
- Twilight, uhm no surprise there.
4. I used to SUCK at cooking. Don’t let the social media posts fool you. Just ask my husband. We moved in together when I was 18 and he was 17….you do the math on this one. 18 years old, new apartment, tries to cook WHITE RICE anddddd, its crunchy! So thankful I’ve picked up a trick or two on the way into wife life.
5. I used to be terrified of cats. I did not like them. Well, as you probably know, I have one now! Definitely a story behind this one. When Garrett and I moved into our third apartment (our second apartment alone) he wanted a cat. I wanted a dog but deep inside knew that it was not the right time. So this girl stops by the Montgomery Animal Shelter “just to look”. $80 and a drive home later…I’m sitting in the middle of the apartment, crying asking myself what I got into.
A few short months after having our sweet baby he got really sick. We took him to the vet only to find out that he had a blood infection. He was given a shot and we were sent with antibiotics and a syringe to force water into his body. Long story short, the moment Milo was back to normal, I knew I loved him so much because we almost lost him. He was just an innocent little thing and now… well spoiled and he knows it.
6. Roller-coasters and water slides are not my thing. I’ve seen Final Destination…and that will not be me! I’ve been on a roller-coaster 3 times. Once at SeaWorld when my mom paid me $50. Twice in Kemah on The Bullet. Which one of those times my boob was like half way hanging out for the camera to see. Once we got to the camera booth….well that was awkward… this is where my Lizzie McGuire like cartoon says, “RUUUUNNNNN”.
7. Reality TV shows are my guilty pleasure. This is a must have in my every day life. I could eat all the snacks and watch Vanderpump Rules ALL DAY LONG. Who’s with me? I also love:
- MTVs The Challenge, Big Brother. Competition like shows
- Teen Mom OG, 2, Young + Pregnant. DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA
- Dance Moms, WAGs, KUWTK
8. (This is a realllllly good one) I created an account on Myspace called AdviceChick. If you went to middle school/high school with me…yep that was me. Most messages were over boyfriend/girlfriend drama (talk about chisme), but I do remember helping one person in particular. It was all worth it…just to help that one.
9. I used to eat Ramen solid. Yup, you read that right. Ramen isn’t my first choice when it’s cooked, but I’m telling you I ate it solid. Seasoning and all. It’s okay to judge right now. I would too.
10. I’ve never broken a bone in my body. Not even a fracture. Might have sprained my ankle a few times, but never a broken bone. As I knock on my wooden desk three times.
I really hope you enjoyed reading these 10 facts about me. Some you may have known, but I know I shared some things most people do not know. It was actually fun thinking of things to share with you. I promise to be more open with you guys. Let me know what you didn’t know about me or what you were surprised about down in my comments.
You are Beauty. Beauty is you.